Villetta San Raffaele
Above the small holiday town surrounded by a pine forest is the solitary house of Villetta San Raffaele. This modern and brightly furnished house offers ample room for six persons, with its two bedrooms, bathroom, and large living room / kitchen with a pull out sofa. The generous, partly covered terrace, with its fantastic view over the bay of Diano Marina and the sea, is a great temptation to those seeking an evening of relaxation or a small social gathering. Diano Marina, with its many beaches and year-round events and festivals, is only fifteen minutes away. The closest shops are but ten minutes away in the historical Diano Castello. Villetta San Martino is perfectly suited for tours through the San Pietro valley with its many lush olive groves, and on through the Ligurian countryside, all the way up through to the Alpine foothills, either by car, cycle, or on foot.
- 1 kitchen-cum-living-room with bedcouch
- 1 bedroom with double bed
- 1 bedroom with 2 single beds
- 1 shower/WC
- Barbecue allowed
- outdoor furniture
- Parking lot
- central heating / gas
- 4- ring stove
- espresso cooker
local places of interest
- Quiet area
- Bungalow on an elevation
- Superb view
- Picturesque pathways
- distance to the beach: about 7 km
- distance to restaurant: about 4 km
location details: Diano Arentino
The Diano valley area was inhabited by the Ligurian Ingauni tribe, who were stockbreeders and farmers. In Roman times, the woodland was sacred to the goddess Diana and there was probably a temple dedicated to her. In 1772, the valley towns, including Arentino, were amalgamated to form the "Comunitas Diani", which had its own civic statutes and was independent from the Diano manorial administration. Diano Arentino did not actually become a municipality until 1924.
Seen from above, it has the appearance of a number of built-up areas separated by a strip of land on which olive trees are cultivated and which marks the border between the municipal districts. The parish church of Santa Margherita preserves a painting of the Madonna del Rosario. Another picture shows Sant' Antonino and Santa Margherita.
The municipal territory is known for its production of superior-quality olive oil and is composed of two districts: Borrello and Evigno. The district of Diano Borrello was probably founded by the Benedictines, as is suggested by the choice of San Michele Arcangelo as patron saint. The Romanesque church dedicated to the saint preserves a fine sixteenth-century poliptych by Brea.
The town of Evigno lies at the foot of Monte Scortegabecco, which is an attraction for tourists who come to admire the ancient church of San Martino, also probably founded by the Benedictines. The green ridge of Pizzo d'Evigno has been pasture land since time immemorial, as can be seen from the numerous "caselle" (rustic dry-stone buildings), the earliest dwellings of the Ingauni. A further sign of early settlement in the Pizzo d'Evigno area are the three "neviere": man-made cavities surrounded by dry-stone walls that were once used for catchment and storage of snow and ice.
|These excursions can be recommended:||Cultural Excursions:|
To the Travel Guide.
To Events Index.
|Sports Guide in the area:|
Vacation Villas Liguria
your contact partners: Mrs Sigrid Cocca, Mr Raul Cocca
|phone:||0049 8989 22 33 00
daily from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. CET
|We speak German, English, French, Italian.|